Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Hollywood Movie Theater

The Hollywood Theater operated on Central Avenue near the South Harrison Street intersection from 1925 until the 1970's or 1980's. 


The theater had 1500 seats and, on May 16, 1940, hosted the world premier of the movie Edison the Man starring Spencer Tracy. (Tracy stayed around the corner on South Harrison at The Hotel Suburban while in town)



A New York Times article about the short-lived reopening of the Hollywood Theater in December, 2006


No comments:

Post a Comment