The original Doddtown School above was built in 1825 at a total cost of $233.91
The original brick Doddtown School built in 1874, known as Franklin School by this time, had four classrooms and a small recitation room. Its entrance was a rather narrow lane leading up from Dodd Street. In 1880, it was enlarged by the addition of two small classrooms and an auditorium in the rear (top photo, lower right). This auditorium was later converted in classrooms. That complex now constituted the rear wing and core of the school as it was in the 1960's (top part of top photo and photo below).